Over a period of time, I have had a chance to read some great books on product, analytics and traction from a startup’s point of view. There are insightful and help reduce the number of unknown unknowns when getting into space !! These are my recommended startup books.
- The most accurate portrayal of the startup journey.
- The highs and the lows of the journey.
- The hard decisions to be made along the way.
- If you are going to read one book before starting or if starting up. Read this !!
- Must have Startup Book for Founders !!
- List of all possible growth channels.
- Which ones to use and which ones not?
- Lots of case studies and examples.
- Must have if still figuring out how to grow?
- One of the first read around growth hacking and marketing in general.
- Very similar but different take from Traction.
- Lots of case studies.
- Good compendium to have for long term reference and view.
- Best overall lean startup idea !!
- How to treat startup building as a hypothesis exercise instead of hammering right away.
- Quick feedback loops.
- Lots of case studies and examples for reference.
- Why talk to users and frequently?
- How to do it effectively?
- Why your mom will always say great things about your startup?
- Most startups fail due to building something which no one needs.
- Learn how to discern customer feedback to work your way to product-market fit.
These were some of the startup books, I read over time which made a profound difference in my understanding and covering all basics. While reading them will not accurately reflect the experience of working or building a startup. It will give you a good idea and pointers around startups.
Disclaimer: Most of these books have an amazon link, should you buy using these links. I would make a tiny commission from Amazon at no cost to you. This might help cover the hosting costs and maybe a few snacks along the way!!